Join the BillFixers team!
Want to help us take money from Comcast and give it back to the little guy? We’re looking to grow our Nashville team!
, youortunortunBusiness Development / Sales
BillFixers is a bill negotiation startup in Nashville, TN. We help consumers and small businesses fight back against mega-corporations to lower their monthly bills. Founded in 2014, we’ve helped tens of thousands of clients save millions of dollars. We’ve been featured in The New York Times, USA Today, and the NBC Nightly News, among others.
We’re looking for a Business Development Executive who is an ambitious, results-oriented self-starter who can help us build and grow the b2b side of our business.
What you’ll do:
- Identify, prospect, and develop new B2B leads
- Cold calls, networking, partnership development—whatever gets the job done.
- Become an expert in explaining bill negotiation and expense management
- Close sales.
- Develop relationships with clients, encourage additional business and referrals
- Track your progress in a CRM, meet metrics and goals
Who you are:
- Self-starting. This isn’t a call-center sales job. There’s not one script to follow or one right way to do things. You’ll have support, but it’s up to you to build a position that works for you.
- Experienced. You have a track record of achievement in B2B sales. Minimum 1 year sales experience. We’d rather somebody ambitious than an expert, but you have to at least have made sales before.
- People-person. You can talk to 100 new people in a day and come back ready for more.
- Ambitious. Whether that means you want to beat your own sales goals or you want to make so many sales that you get to start and manage your own team, you’re not satisfied putting in the bare minimum.
- Smart. We rarely know the best way of doing something. You prefer to work smarter, develop new processes, find shortcuts. If you can hit your targets in 10 hours instead of 40, more power to you.
- Ethical. You don’t want a job where you’re selling bullshit to rubes. You want to work honestly and sell something that actually helps small and local businesses and non-profits succeed.
What we offer:
Remote to start, flexible once it’s safe. Right now, we’re working 100% remotely. We won’t open our office back up until it’s safe and even then, it will be personal choice whether folks want to go back. Once things are back to normal, we’ll still allow and encourage remote work if that’s how you work best, but you’ll have your own private office in our Nashville headquarters to come back to and call home base.
Living Wage + Commission. The majority of your compensation is going to be commission, but not every week is your best week and it takes time to work through the pipeline. You’ll always get a minimum of $15/hr + commission.
Flexibility. Your job is a big part of your life, but it’s not your whole life. We know that things come up; you might need to go to the DMV, take a longer lunch break with a friend from out of town, take a few days off to go home and visit family. We want to work with you to try to accommodate what comes up in your life, and help you to maintain a healthy work/life balance.
Free snacks and drinks. In the office, we keep our fridge stocked with whatever drink you like best. (Plus coffee, obviously.) When you start, let us know your favorite snack and we’ll make sure that’s always at the ready too! While we’re remote, we’ll just send it straight to your house. Fun Drink Fridays might include anything from craft sodas to craft beers. Send an email or message with your favorite snack or drink when you apply so we know you read this whole post and you’ll get an automatic leg up and we’ll make sure it’s stocked Day One!
Casual work environment. We don’t do dress codes or cubicles. Getting your work done is important, but sometimes that means clearing your head by playing Fortnite, darts, or just taking a lap around the building. We want to give you opportunities to de-stress throughout the day.
Room for growth. We’ve got big plans and we want to take you with us. There’s room for traditional advancement as well as new positions created as we grow. We want to match the right person with the right position. We don’t just want you to be qualified for the work you do, we want you to find fun and fulfillment at BillFixers.
BillFixers is an equal opportunity employer. Whatever your race, your orientation, your identity, your status—you’re welcome here.
Compensation: $15/hr minimum + Commission
Target Compensation w/ Commission: $65-90k
Email [email protected] to apply.